WHO WE ARE &
WHO WE ARE&
What We Believe
- I believe that the Holy Spirit is the Divine Person who convicts each person of sin (righteous and judgement), that He alone brings new life to those who are spiritually dead; that He baptizes (or places) all believers into the one true church, which is the Body of Christ; that He indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of final redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon them, fills (controls) those who are yielding to Him. Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but bear fruit to the glory of God
(John 3:3-8, 14:16-17, 1 Corinthians 12:7-11, 13, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18)
- I believe God as Father, reigns over His entire universe with providential care. He is all powerful, all loving, all knowing and all wise. He is fatherly in attitude toward all men but is Father, indeed, to those who have become children of God through Jesus Christ, who will deliver them into the Father's hands.
(Genesis 1:1; 1 Chronicles 29:10; Jeremiah 10:10, Matthew 6:9; Acts 1:7; Romans 8:14-15, 1 Corinthians 8:6,15:24; Ephesians 4:6)
- I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal son of God; became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, in order that He might reveal God to sinful man. This redemption He accomplished by voluntarily giving Himself as a sinless, substitutionary sacrifice on the cross, thereby satisfying God's righteous judgement against sin. After substantiating the accomplishment of that redemption/justification by His bodily resurrection from the grave, He ascended to the right hand of His Father, where He intercedes on behalf of those who trust Him.
(Luke 1:34; John 1:2, 14, 18; Romans 3:24-26, 8:34)
- I believe the bible is th written and Holy Spirit inspired word of God. The truth found in the scriptures is absolute, inerrant and infallible. The scriptures are the final authority for the life of the believer and church. Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness.
(2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- I believe that salvation is the gift of God's grace. It cannot be gained or made more secure by merit out works, but is freely bestowed upon all who put their faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary. All who so trust the Savior are forgiven of their sins and born into the family of God by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit.
(John 1:12; Acts 16:30-33; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 1:7, 2:8-9)
I believe that Christian baptism is the immersion in water of a believer.
(1 Corinthians 11:23-31)